|Добавлено: Пн Дек 28, 2015 10:28 pm Заголовок сообщения: AMV Roulette 2016 - Sponsored by Nan Desu Kan
|Info for AMV Roulette 2016 has been posted on the A-M-V.org forums! The 1st place prize is a paid for trip to NDK that includes up to $1,000.00 USD for airfare.
There will be a 100 person limit for signups and only 1 first place prize.
Here is a copy of the rules and such from the original post~
|Radical_Yue писал(а): |
AMV Roulette 2016
Welcome to the game of fate! In this contest lady luck is the one who decides what kind of video you are required to edit.
How It Works
Each round lasts exactly 1 week with 3 rounds in total. At the start of each round the editors will be provided with a genre for the video (such as comedy, drama, action, etc.), a type of music (Rock, Pop, etc.), and a special requirement! The editors will then make videos based on the required information they have been given. The videos will then be ranked and scored by the coordinator and judges. The entrant with the most points after 3 rounds will be declared the winner and awarded with a prize.
How the Requirements Are Selected
Before each round begins, a virtual wheel will be spun to decide the 3 requirements.
Video Genre: Standard video genres such as Drama, Action, Romance, Comedy/Fun, etc.The definitions will be posted when the round starts.
Music: A single style of music is selected such as rock, pop, instrumental, etc. Once a genre has been selected entrants will select a song that fits the required genre of music. If you have doubts if your music fits the rules, entrants may verify the music that they have chosen by looking it up on Last.FM, Wikipedia, Soundcloud, etc.. If the selected music genre is not listed as one of the top tags, then the song does not meet the criteria for the contest. Songs can also be approved via private message to Kisanzi within 48 hours after round start. As a general rule of thumb, if the song is a stretch to make it fit the genre, then you may want to reconsider your selection because it should be fairly obvious to the judges. (But seriously, you can pick from the millions of songs in existence, so try to avoid the fringe and pick something that isn’t going to stir up trouble.)
Special Requirement: This can be anything from a footage requirement to an effect or style of editing that must be followed. You can think of this as a secret source or wild card since it can really be anything at all!
Once a video genre, music style, and special requirement has been selected they will be removed from the list to ensure the remaining rounds do not have duplicates. All entrants will be provided with the same list of requirements each round as opposed to each editor getting their own specific list.
Video must be AT LEAST 1 minute and 30 seconds (1:30) in length. Of this runtime, bumpers or intro audio are not counted. So the time count will begin and end when the primary music track begins and ends.
Video must meet all three random requirements of the round. (Video Genre, Music, & Special Requirement).
Failure to meet either of the aforementioned aspects will result in a 50 point penalty.
While assigning points the judges will be basing their scores off the video’s merits (concept, editing, flow, visual effect usage, special requirement implementation, etc.) and issue an overall score. The judges will assign scores from 0 - 100 per video with accompanying comments to explain their scoring decisions.
4 judges (100 points each) = 400 points maximum
Each judge will also give a thumbs up/thumbs down vote for each video to determine if they think that the video fits the music genre/video genre/secret requirement stipulations. If a majority of judges deem the video as unfitting in any of the 3 requirement areas, then the video’s overall score will be penalized by 50 points. (But the spirit of the contest is to challenge yourself by adhering to the genre/special requirements, so please don’t just submit something that blatantly ignores the requirements.)
While the placement for each round will be posted after each judging session along with judge's comments, the points will not be revealed until the final round when the winner is announced. This is to keep a sense of mystery while also keeping the entrants informed of their current placement. So even if you rank 1st place in Round 1 and 2 you still have to keep on your toes since you won't know if you lead by 5 points or 50 points!
After the final round and judging is completed we will post an updated document with all of the points for each entrant along with the already public ranks and comments.
Who Is In Charge
Round 1 Start - February 1st, 2016
Round 1 End - February 7th, 2016
Judging End - February 13th, 2016
Round 2 Start - February 15th, 2016
Round 2 End - February 21nd, 2016
Judging End - February 27th, 2016
Final Round Start - February 29nd, 2016
Final Round End - March 6th, 2016
Judging End/Winner Announced - March 13th, 2016
Rules and Registration
1. The competition is free and open to all but the contest organizers and judges (screening and final judgment). Members of AnimeMusicVideos.org staff are allowed to enter as long as they are not involved in either judging or coordination.
2. The closing of registration is set for January 30th, 2016 and 11:59pm EST. If you wish to sign up then you must post in the designated registration thread. The thread will remained locked until registration officially opens. Sign up requests posted anywhere else will NOT be honored.
3. Only one entry per person/per round will be accepted.
4. The video entries may only use Japanese anime and follow the rules of AnimeMusicVideos.org. Video game footage IS allowed but it must meet the requirements of the AnimeMusicVideos.org rules.
5. You may NOT use pre-prepared rotos, altered footage, etc... You may pre-prepare footage before your round begins but you may not alter it with effects. If it is discovered that have pre-prepared anything more than basic footage, you will be disqualified.
6. The final entry submit by the participant must be a minimum of 1 minute and 30 seconds long. Credits/Bumpers will not be factored into the required video length.
7. Videos used for commercial or promotional purposes will not be accepted.
8. Participation in this competition implies full acceptance of this Regulation.
9. While judging is not blind, please withhold on posting your entries on AnimeMusicVideos.org, Youtube.com, or any other video hosting website until the judging for the round has been completed and the results have been posted.
10. Credits/Bumpers are allowed but will not be factored into the judging unless they have been integrated into the video.
The clips will be sent either via FTP (information will be provided to the entrants on the final day of their round) or personal hosting. You will be given information to upload your video onto a server but if you wish to use your own hosting or use a file transfer site such as sendspace, dropbox, etc... you can also do so. Please DO NOT use Mediafire.
If you encounter a problem while sending video clips, please contact Radical_Yue.
The clips will follow these formats:
Containers: MP4, MKV
Video codecs: H.264
Audio codecs: MP3, AAC, FLAC
Framerate: Up to 60.00 frames per second
The size (in megabytes) of the video should not exceed 150 MB, unless an exception is requested and justified.
1. Each participant hereby agrees to that he/she is the sole and exclusive author and does not violate directly and / or indirectly any third party rights.
2. Also, by participating in this contest, you agree that the decisions of the contest organizers and the judges are FINAL.
Grounds for Disqualification
1. The disqualification of a participant is left entirely to the discretion of contest organizers.
2. Any use of moving works of pornographic, racist, defamatory content or likely to impair the physical or moral integrity will result in immediate disqualification of the participant.
3. Flaming or personal attacks on other editors, entrants, the judges, or the coordinator will not be tolerated. Voicing concern and personal opinion is fine but if it is decided that a line has been crossed there may be consequences such as disqualification or bans from participating in future events. These situations will be discussed between the coordinator and judges before a decision is finalized.
4. Failure of one or more articles of this regulation will also be considered disqualifying.
The winner will be decided based on who has the most points at the end of 3 rounds.
There will be NO ELIMINATIONS in this contest. If an editor chooses not to submit a video for one of the rounds then they will simply get a 0 for overall score that round but they are allowed to continue participating.
KING OF NDK PRIZE PACK
This is a special sponsored prize by Nan Desu Kan of Denver, Colorado! NDK is offering a one time prize that includes airfare, badge, hotel, and guaranteed finalist status in their AMV contest! This is in celebration of their 20th anniversary and is being offered to support and encourage camaraderie among editors! You'll be able to hang out with dozens of other editors, enjoy the con among your peers, and get to witness firsthand the passion and dedication for AMVs shown by this con and it's attendees! The convention will be held September 2nd, 2016 - September 4th 2016. Here are the details on how it works...
Airfare - Roundtrip airfare will be covered by the convention up to $1,000.00 USD. Anything more would be covered by the contestant.
Any additional travel requirements such as passport, transportation to/from local airport, baggage fees, etc. will remain the responsibility of the winner. Once you've arrived in the Denver airport, we will assist with transportation.
Dates, times, and selected airline will be determined via private discussion with coordinator and winner after the event.
Badge - One free badge which permits you access to Nan Desu Kan and it's events. These events consist of the AMV Contest, Cosplay contest, panels, viewing rooms, video game room, etc. It is a standard convention badge and does not cover any events that require additional tickets/purchases.
Hotel Room - You will be invited to join the editor rooming block coordinated by Radical_Yue and Kisanzi. For NDK, we typically reserve multiple rooms to be shared among a group of editors attending. You will be sorted into the room of your choice and your portion of the hotel room will be covered. Hotel rooms include either Queen or King sized bed(s), shower, mini-fridge, etc. and are in the main convention hotel. The hotel in question will be the Sheraton Downtown Denver, where the convention is held.
Note: If you do not wish to stay in this hotel group, you would be required to cover your own hotel room.
Contest Finalist - You will be able to select 1 video that you have made for AMV Roulette 2016 and it will be given an automatic finalist status at the Nan Desu Kan AMV Contest. You will be allowed to continue making or rework your entry however you see fit until the official NDK contest deadline. This will not restrict you from submitting additional entries to the contest and does not guarantee a prize. All finalists will be played at the official contest where they will be voted on by the audience to determine winners. Your entry must meet the requirements for a standard Nan Desu Kan entry to be accepted.
Note: Any additional costs for things such as food, drink, dealer's room purchases, etc. will be the responsibility of the winner.
If you are unable to attend on these dates, a backup prize the equivalent value of what has been offered in previous years ($75) will be discussed. We highly encourage the winner to select the prize pack but we understand if you can not attend.
Hints coming soon...
If you have any questions, please post below!