|Добавлено: Пн Дек 22, 2008 1:38 pm Заголовок сообщения: Rules of Big Contest 2009 (English)
AMV News contest: Big Contest 2009 will be held from January 1st till May 15th, 2009.
The contest consists of five phases:
1) Creation of videos until April 15th, 2009.
2) Registration of contestants until April 1st, 2009
3) Submission of videos from March 1st till April 15th, 2009
4) Showing of videos starts when enough entries are submitted to showcase continuously 1-2 videos per day.
5) The winners are decided by the joint judges' vote within 10 days after showing of the last contest video.
Contest video can be made either of anime movies, anime series and Japanese videogames or of manga. Other footage is accepted only if it makes no more than 50% of the video. No restrictions on music styles. Videos premiered after March 1st, 2009 are eligible, as well as videos made specially for the contest. The contest video is eligible for participation in other contests. Each participant is allowed to submit one video only. Multi-editor projects (MEP) are also accepted. You must know exactly the title of anime/videogame used for your video, as well as the title of the music composition and the name of its performer.Unkown music and animes/videogames are not allowed. The length of contest video may not be less than 30 seconds (without credits). AMV News or the contest title must be mentioned in the video, how exactly to mention is to participant's choice. A line in credits should be enough.
A video won't be accepted, if:
1) There are significant compression artifacts.
2) Footage is of poor quality
3) TV resolution of full version is far too low (320х240 or 352х288)
4) There are hard subtitles not justified by artistic intent.
5) Broken aspect ratio or interlace is visible in most parts of the video.
6) There are violations of Russian Federation legislation, in particular concerning the incitement of ethnic hatred.
In case there are too many contest videos the voting shall be split in two stages. First the participants for the final round will be chosen from all the contestants; next, the the winners will be chosen from the runner-ups. A video wins if it gets the majority of points during judges' voting. In total there will be 5 prize places in main category. This time there will be additional categories as well. A category is considered valid if five or more videos fit into this category.
Contest organizers reserve the right to change the contest date, as well as to change/add some details owing to unforeseen circumstances.
Each contest entry must be submitted in two variants: full version and efficiently compressed preview version.
Video codecs allowed: DivX, XviD, x264
Audio codecs allowed: MP3, AAC
Containers allowed: AVI, MP4, MKV
It is recommended to encode with AMVSimpleGUI, AMVSimpleGUI Unrestricted (for main version) or MeGUI, see the following articles:
- Full version is to be compressed at the rate of no more than 25 MB per minute of the video. The limit can be extended if HD-footage is used.
- Previews version: file size at the rate of no more than 2,5 MB per minute; resolution width 320 or 480 pixels. X264 codec is highly preferred!
1 place – 5000 roubles + diploma
2 place – 4000 roubles + diploma
3 place – 3000 roubles + diploma
4 place – 2000 roubles + diploma
5 place – 1000 roubles + diploma
Winners of the additional categories will receive extra diplomas.
Anime Point store chain provides additional awards for the winners of AMV News Big Contest 2009 in secondary categories. Which award goes to which category is to be decided after the vote by the first panel of judges.
It is possible that additional awards appear in the course of contest, keep track of news.
Registration of participants
1) Via e-mail with subject "Registration for Big Contest 2009".
How to enter your video:
1) Videos can be submitted from March 1st till April 15th 2009 by registered contestants only.
2) Fill in the application form located here: http://amvnews.ru/index.php?go=Files&file=add&lang=en
While the contest is on you can fill in the form even if you don't have an AMV News account. Make sure there's a valid e-mail address in your site profile or enter your contact e-mail in "Comment for administrator" field. Choose "Big Con 2009" as one of the categories. Make sure there was a site message "Thank you, your video has been added successfully" after the upload. And then wait, you'll either see your video on site when your turn comes or you'll get mail from administrator requesting to correct the deficiencies found during tech check.
1) There are two panels of judges.
2) You can sign up for both panels.
3) First panel judges must watch ALL contest videos and fill in a form (which I'll send when all videos are submitted). First panel judges decide upon videos which get into final round. Thus if you sign up for this panel be ready to download a huge volume of data.
4) Second panel judges must watch all final round videos and choose the best ones. In other words they decide upon winners in each category.
5) A contest participant can sign up for the first panel of judges only.
6) If a contest participant acts as a judge, he/she can't vote for his/her own video!
Registration of judges
1) You can sign up for a panel of judges via private message with subject "Judges for BigCon 2008". Specify in your message which of the panels you'd like to enter (first one, second one of both).
2) Entry application for a panel of judges can be submitted up to the beginning of the vote.
3) A user can only be accepted as a judge either if he/she comments actively and in detail on contest videos or if he/she has authority within AMV community (on condition that he/she will watch the required amount of videos).
4) Any judge can be disqualified before the vote begins without giving reasons
Voting procedure: first panel of judges
Each judge must choose from 1 to XX (the exact figure to be announced) best videos out of all contest entries. The judge is to define the genre of each of the videos chosen (no more than 5 genres per one video). The list of genres recommended: Action, Character Profile, Comedy/Fun, Dance, Drama, GMV, Horror, Instrumental, Romance/Sentimental, Story, Trailer, Psychedelic, Multianime, No-effects, LipSync.
Thus, the list sent by each of the judges will look like this:
1) <Contestant 1> - <Video 1> : Action, Drama, GMV, Psychedelic
2) <Contestant 2> - <Video 2> : Romance, Story
Thus, from 30 to 60% of all initial contest videos will qualify for the final round, depending on the allocation of votes. In accordance with the genres defined the contest organizers determine the secondary categories and the videos which fall into each of these categories.
Voting procedure: second panel of judges
The judges ought to define priorities for each of the categories (i.e. place first the best video of the category and then others highest to lowest judging from the impression produced). It is necessary to choose and prioritize 15 videos for "The Best Video" category and 5 videos for other categories. Then the contest organizers calculate the final rating.
The list of additional categories
General categories (for all contestants):
1) Audience choice award - the winner is decided by rating in “Big Contest 2009” site category. Only the votes by users registered before November 20th 2008 count.
2) Best Visual Effects
3) Most Original Video
4) Best Technique
5) Best Credits Design
6) Best Poster / Presentation
Categories for videos chosen by the second panel of judges. No less than 5 videos per category:
7) Best Action Video
8) Best Character Profile
9) Best Comedy / Fun
10) Best Dance Video
11) Best Drama Video
12) Best Horror Video
13) Best Romance / Sentimental Video
14) Best Trailer
15) Best Psychedelic Video
16) Best GMV (Game Music Video)
17) Best Instrumental Video
18) Best Story
19) Best Multianime Video
20) Best No-effects Video
21) Best Lip-Sync
Сеть аниме магазинов AnimePoint.ru